Dr. Janis Enzenbacher of Piermont Gynecology is now certified to refer patients for medical marijuana
Medical Marijuana Facts for New York State Patients:
- Patients must be RECOMMENDED by a CERTIFIED healthcare practitioner – Dr. Janis Enzenbacher is certified.
- Must have a “serious condition” for which marijuana is likely to have a therapeutic or palliative benefit.
- According to the bill, a “serious condition means a severe debilitating or life-threatening condition, including but not limited to:
- positive HIV status
- damage to the nervous tissue of the spinal cord with objective neurological indication or intractable spasticity
- irritable bowel disease
- Parkinson’s Disease
- multiple sclerosis
- amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Huntington’s disease
subject to limitation in regulation of the commissioner.”
Patient Registration Cards:
- Cards are issued by the NYS Department of Health or DOH for a reasonable fee, determined by the department.
- Cards include the patient’s name, photo, date of certification and its expiration, physician contact information, and registry number of the designated care giver, if any.
- Lawful Medical Uses:
- Certified patients may lawfully possess, acquire and use up to 2.5 ounces of marijuana, but not in public view.
- Medical marijuana cannot be used in any place where tobacco use is currently prohibited, except in a few special circumstances (e.g., in a specially designated area of a hospice).
PROTECTIONS: This is big!
- Healthcare practitioners are protected from criminal, civil and disciplinary actions for acting under the bill.
- Registered patients and registered organizations are protected from arrest, prosecution or penalty for possessing, manufacturing or using medical marijuana.
- Registered patients are protected from discrimination by landlords, schools, employers or healthcare providers.
- Registered patients cannot be denied custody or visitation rights based on using medical marijuana absent substantiated evidence of behavior that creates an unreasonable danger to their children.
- Registered organizations must determine and make available information about the quality, safety and strength of any medical marijuana they sell.
Call Piermont Gynecology to schedule your medical marijuana consultation.
You can leave a secure message if we’re busy and we will get back to you in 24 hours.
or email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
My medical marijuana experience so far has been a very good one!
It was very easy to make an appointment with the dispensary in white plains. The telephone service was very thorough and I received at least two calls in return for every message I left. One return call seemed to be from a help line about medical marijuana set up by the state or county maybe? The other call being from the pharmacy.
The Vireo Health dispensary was easy enough to find and the employees were very accommodating and knowledgeable. The first appointment is very time consuming as they painstakingly go through all of their products and ingredients. I did not leave with any questions that’s for sure, they were all answered and more!
I have gone in for a refill one time so far and it was much much quicker. Also, I recently received an email about refilling online and about a new product of theirs that should be more cost effective. I’ll forward it to you if you would like.
The pharmacist and I have almost nailed down the right combination of color and delivery system for me. I’m using a red vape pen for when I’m in the throws of an IBD flare up and yellow wax pills for my every day.
Tracie has been working with the pharmacist too to find her best fit. She’s comfortable with a yellow vape pen and yellow wax pills. She is working on dosage and frequency now and overall has seen a reduction in her pain intensity but not a complete elimination of it. Not certain if a complete elimination is a reasonable goal at this point anyway but any reduction is a blessing!!
Basically – medical marijuana has been a very positive addition to my life! I’ve had a very good month working because I wasn’t in so much pain and discomfort!
The only thing I can say that’s missing is the ability to pick different strains. I don’t know if what I am ingesting came from a strain known to help with headaches or if the strain from the pill I am eating has a Hx of easing anxiety.
I very much believe that the THC:CBD ratio is quite accurate in Vireo’s products but there’s more to medical marijuana than this ratio, as you know.
It appears as though things are progressing here in NY state so I hope to have this choice soon! Oh! and a reduction in price is always nice!